A step-by-step guide on how to create a WordPress blog
WordPress is a great and free publishing platform that can be used to create blog, through the use of plugins WordPress uses had been extended to corporate websites and applications like social networking, real estate management and a lot of other uses.
WordPress is easy to use, and a fast and flexible script. It comes with some good features which makes user experience pleasant. With WordPress you can easily:
- Publish and edit posts
- Sort articles in categories
- Search within your content
- Manage users access
- Change your website themes
- and more .......
For you to automatically create your WordPress blog using the 1-click install tool in cPanel, this tutorial will guide you effectively on what you need to do to get your blog running. Let us get started with the required steps:
- Domain name
- Web hosting account
- Blogging software
You will also want to read:
Step 1: Choose a right domain name for your Blog&
A domain name is essentially your web address that people will use to find your blog on the internet. With recent development on the internet, your domain name should reflect the niche you intend to blog for or the particular area you want to focus on in your blog posts. For example, ogoninews.com - one will expect that such blog will dwell mainly on Ogoni events and news stories.
There are few things to keep in mind before you rush out and purchase a domain name.
1. Make sure that there will be no legal problems with the domain name you choose. Ensure you do not choose a domain name that will later be placed under restrictions.
2: Register a Domain Name: Once you have chosen the domain name you want, it's time to get it registered with a reliable domain name registrar. Some web hosting companies offer free domain registration for every web hosting order. You will need to check if your hosting company can also provide the domain registration service.
7 Steps to Reduce the Disc Space Used by Your WordPress Website
To order web hosting and domain registration service with Todhost follow these steps:
1. Go to todhost
2. From the homepage, choose your preferred web hosting plan. You can click on the web hosting menu to view the detailed features of all web hosting plans to be able to know which plan will best suit your need.
3. Enter your domain name in the box after you click &quot;get started and you will be able to know if it is available for registration. You will not be able to proceed with the new domain registration option except the domain is available.
4. Choose the duration for which you want the hosting. It could be for 1 year, 2 years or more.
5. Follow the on-screen instructions and complete your web hosting order.
6. Complete the form required for your billing information.
7. Proceed to complete your order and may applicable payments. Once you pay for your web hosting order, your account will be created for you almost immediately. Once your account is created, you will receive an email titled: new account information; which will contain details of your account including username and password for your cPanel account. With those details, you will be able to login to control panel and install WordPress.
Now that you have your domain name and hosting account, the next step is to install WordPress. You will find the 1-click install under the software section of your website. On Todhost, it is listed under QuickInstall. Remember, this will be under the software section in cPanel. You can also find this tool under Softaculous.
WordPress is a software that helps you create and manage your own blog or website.
To install WordPress with QuickInstall, follow the steps below.
1. In your cPanel, click on the QuickInstall or Softaculous under the software section of your website.
2. Click the Install button to begin the installation process.
Best Plugins for Faster Loading WordPress Websites in 2016
3. Choose the domain you want to install WordPress on (you can leave the directory field blank if you want to install in the root folder or enter the directory name to install in a sub-directory or folder). I always prefer to use the www version of domain.
4. Continue with the install and follow the on-screen instructions. Watch your WordPress install successfully and the admin details sent to the email address you entered as you performed the installation.
These login information will be used to login to the backend of your WordPress blog. So it's a good idea to save these details somewhere safe. You will also receive an email with your login information as soon as the installation is complete.
Congrats, you can now access your WordPress dashboard by going to yourdomain.com/wp-admin in your browser.
Wait, you're not yet ready to start working on content. There are still some checklist of things you need to do after installing WordPress to improve the user experience and the SEO of your website or blog.
Also read: How A Plugin Installation Can Crash Your Wordpress Website
If you have any questions with this process, feel free to leave a comment below and I will get back to you as soon as possible.