Top Nigerian Website Payment Gateways
Nigeria is experiencing some form of e-commerce revolution following the availability of e-payment gateways enabling easy integration of online payment systems on websites. It has now become easy to receive payments through credit cards and direct deposits.
There are some options available for this with great features and limitations. In this blog, we will examine the major payment gateways in Nigeria through which you can receive payments on your website. Now, let us look at the top payment gateways.
Interswitch remains the largest and most stable gateway for receiving e-payments. Interswitch
Interswitch has a secure, reliable, and scalable platform for electronic transaction processing in a multi-institution, multi-functional, Online/Offline environment. Interswitch supports payment infrastructure that deliver the highest level of availability and transaction integrity. Our systems accept transactions from a diverse range of delivery payment channels, intelligently switching them to a variety of external networks including Nigerian Verve cards, VISA, Mastercard.
A creation of Nigerian banks, the Unified Payment System can be easily integrated into your website with integration tools for WHMCS, Joomla, WordPress and a lot of others.
eTranzact is a multi-application, multi-network and multi-channel electronic payment platform that supports all major networks including AMEX, VISA and MasterCard. eTranzact Platform is designed and built as a credible alternative to all transaction which are currently cash or check based and the platform capability is such that any solution that is driven by consumer payment can be automated on the platform. eTranzact as a Switch processes payment requests from multiple channels &ndash; Web, ATM,POS, mobile, etc using automated procedures. The switching platform validates transaction requests after running security checks on the payment cards. The system ensures there are no security breaches during the transaction processing by encrpting all card information using tripleDES technology, thus protecting the card information.
SimplePay Payment Gateway allows any business or consumer with an email address to securely, conveniently and cost-effectively send and receive payments online. Simplepay builds on the existing financial infrastructure of bank accounts and credit cards to create a global, real-time payment solution. Simplepay deliver a product ideally suited for small businesses, online merchants, individuals and others currently underserved by traditional payment mechanisms.
Simple Pay's service, which lets users send payments for free, can be used from PCs or web-enabled mobile phones.
SimplePay launched this service so that anyone with an email account can send or receive credits. Each credit is valued at N1.00. SimplePay Payment Gateway members may redeem their credits for the cash equivalency at any time by selling these credits back to SimplePay Payment Gateway, in the form of a withdrawal from the system.
You can believe there should be one universal online payment system and will strongly compete to be the provider of choice.
SimplePay Payment Gateway will however suspend any account that is found to be involved in any fraudulent or malicious activity, including impersonating a representative or attempting to gain other users passwords. Any decision made by, its officers, or representatives will be final.
CashEnvoy is the safest, easiest and most convenient way to make payment, send money and get paid online in Nigeria. It is an e-commerce business that allows payments and money transfers to be made through the Internet. A Cash Envoy account can be funded with Nigerian debit cards or through online bank transfer from specific local banks.
CashEnvoy performs payment processing for online vendors, auction sites, and other commercial users. It charges a transaction fee for receiving money (a percentage of the amount sent plus an additional fixed amount).
CashEnvoy is owned by Electronic Settlement Limited, an independent, private sector led, limited liability Company located in Lagos Nigeria focused on providing secure and convenient online solutions.
Merchants, receive Money Online
Easily pay and settle other merchants on your platform.
No integration, withdrawal or subscription fees!
Easy to use, with complete transaction records.
Receive payment and donations online with ease.
Accept payment on your online store from debit cards and CashEnvoy account holders.
The UBA U-Collect is an Internet Payment Gateway service which allows Merchants accept online payments for goods and services. This solution accepts multiple card types available in Nigeria VISA, Verve, MasterCard and e-Tranzact.
U-Collect on the web is the same as POS but on the web for businesses that have presence online. An example of U-Collect is what you see on Aero page when you select to pay for airline ticket online.
The platform support International VISA and MasterCard for selected industries.
GlobalPay is a web-based payment gateway that enables you accept payments on your website from customers all over the world. With a one-time integration, you can receive payments from a wide variety of locally and internationally issued credit and debit cards. This solution gives your business a global outlook and vastly expands your potential customer base.
If you're open for business on the web, you might as well be open for business to the world, and for that, GlobalPay is the perfect solution.
Voguepay is an independent payment system and has been relatively stable. Voguepay is an Interswitch merchant and receives payment through VISA, MasterCard, e-Transact, PocketMoney. Voguepay requires a verification fee of N1,000 for business accounts. Voguepay allows customers to accept payment on their website. The system support automatic withdrawal to the merchant bank account, unlike most payment processors that merchant has to manually request for withdrawal.
Easy integration work flow and documentation
They have developed Plugin, merchant can just download and install to their existing website for selected shopping carts. This minimizes the stress and energy of having to integrate the gateway to your website. Sites without a ready-made plugin or code, the company has an integration document you can use for custom integration with your website.
GTPAY is a one-stop, safe, secure and convenient web payment solution that enables merchants receive payments from both local and international payment cards.
International Acceptance: GTPAY accepts both locally and internationally issued cards including Interswitch, MasterCard and VISA.
Timely transaction processing: Merchants get value next day after transaction takes place.
GTPAY monitoring log: GTPAY comes with a unique, online monitoring console that allows merchants view transactions as they occur.
Reduced sign-on fee: GTBank is a certified developer partner so we take on GTPAY integration for our merchants and as such the integration fee is waived for them.
Paystack allows you to accept payments through your website via card payments and bank deposits. At Todhost, we have recently switched to Paystack and have found it to be very reliable. We have so far not had one case of failed payment on our system. That is incredible and one reason why we may stick to Paystack for a very long time. Its features include: Zero Setup Fees, Easy Integration, Security, Recurring Payments, Transfers, Next Day Payouts,
Paygate is a flexible way to accept secure payments online. Offered by Fidelity Bank, Paygate is a simple way to send a payment link via Email, SMS, Social Media, BBM or WhatsApp to you customers and receive payments instantly. It allows you to do your business online. Accepting payments online 24/7 regardless of your customer location.
Accepts local and international payments from Visa MasterCard, and Verve cards. Paygate also accepts all cards issued by any bank in Nigeria. Accepts all MasterCard or Visa cards issued anywhere in the world
- Uses Chip & PIN method
- Pay by Account – Additional payment option to card
- Recurring payment via card – This is similar with direct debit mandate but through card
- And General card payment – This is for regular web payment using card for one-off transaction
- Daily email transaction alerts
- Online portal to view daily transactions
- Print receipts quickly and easily
- Get technical support from our Helpdesk 24/7
Other International Payment Gateways Accepted in Nigeria
There are some international payment systems which can be integrated into your website and can be legally used by Nigerians. Some of them come with some restrictions but they are all acceptable for use in Nigeria.
2Checkout or simply 2CO is byy far the most outstanding international payment system for Nigerians. It allows payment through the major credit and debit cards including VISA, Mastercard, AMEX and also allows holders of Paypal accounts to make payment. The ability to make PayPal payment through 2Checkout is probably its most outstanding advantage because it allows millions of PayPal users to be able to pay to your 2CO account even though you may not own a PayPal account.
2CO charges a one-time fee of $50 for account creation and requires that you have a minimum of $300 to make a transfer into our ban account. There is also a 2Checkout re-loadable MasterCard which allow you to transfer your funds to our MasterCard and withdraw through the ATM.
Here are all the key features of 2checout
- Make it easy for your customers to buy with support for 87 currencies and 15 languages. Accept major payment methods including credit cards, debit cards, and PayPal.
- Manage your customers’ checkout experience by integrating 2checout seamless API interface within your website.
- Choose from customizable checkout options, and integrate with 100+ shopping carts—no coding required, unless you want to.
- Automatically bill customers at ongoing intervals with membership and subscription options—convenient for them and for you.
- More than 300 fraud rules applied to every transaction, making it one of the highest level of protection in the industry.
PayPal is the world's most popular payment system. Unfortunately, it comes to Nigerians with some limitations. The key limitation is that it does not allow Nigerian websites to accept payments. As a Nigerian, you can create an account with which you can make payments only but you cannot accept payments.
Here are the top features of PayPal
- Paypal Supports 25 Currencies: The PayPal is free to join, Customers send receive, and deposit money in over 25 currencies. And the Major Currencies like Australian Dollar, Canadian Dollar, and US dollar, Euro and Pound etc are supported on high porch.
- Security Key: Earlier the year in 2006, PayPal has introduced security key against frauds. It creates randomly security codes in order to protection of your PayPal account. It has two types: i) A Security key for a small-sized device for credit card, that makes a security code. ii) A Mobile Security Key, to which a person could sign up and get security codes sent via SMS (abbr: short message service) to your phone.
- Accounts for Teenagers: In August 2009, PayPal launched students accounts for teenagers. Now, PayPal offers students an actual Debit Card issued by MasterCard®, students can use debit card anywhere in the world along with their personal information on it.
- Peer-to-Peer Transactions: PayPal, in November 2009, opened a platform which allow users to transact their money peer-to-peer into another services throughout the internet with high and powerful security.
- Donate Button: PayPal gives an outstanding feature for donations by supplying a donation button. The button will have to be placed in customers websites, blogs or emails in order to get donations.
- Protection of Personal Information: Free protection of your bank details as much as credit cards and electronic debit cards details. Overly free to deposit money through worldwide bank accounts, Paypal has now become strictly secured which is better for all its users.
- Free Withdrawal (UK only):: It’s also free, to withdraw your PayPal money to your bank account instantly and most securely without the expenditure of your time, but unfortunately it’s for UK citizens only.
- Buyer and Seller features: i) Buyers: PayPal connects Credit, Debit card and Bank Account means 3 in 1 Personal Email address. PayPal doesn’t reveal buyer’s personal information while shopping. Easy to shop using PayPal with Ebay or with any other merchants across the world. ii) Sellers: PayPal offers low transaction fees against credit cards, debit cards, and banks. Sellers can add PayPal purchase/order button in their websites, and blogs within minutes.