How to install Concrete5 via Softaculous
In this tutorial, we will take on the steps for an installation of Concrete5 through Softaculous. The actual process is quite easy and you can complete a few simple steps for that.
To get Concrete5 on your hosting account via softaculous:
The first step of the installation of Concrete5 via Softaculous is to access your cPanel account. Once logged in, you need to locate the Software/Services section and click on the Softaculous icon in it.
The next step is to locate the Concrete5 script from the list of available applications. Once you access the Softaculous service, you will be presented with a full list of supported applications for automated installation. This list is located on the left-side of the page and the scripts in it are categorized by their functionality, which makes it easier to find what you need.
You can find Concrete5 in the CMS/Portals section.
Initiate the Installation
When you select Concrete5, you will be taken to it's Overview page. It will provide a basic information for the script and introduce you to what Concrete5 does. Just above the description, you will find a list of available options, such as a Live Demo, Screenshots, Ratings, Reviews, etc. This will assist you when deciding if this is the correct script for the development of your website. If it is, simply click on the Install button to proceed.The following step of the Concrete5 installation is the most important one, because the system will present you with the options for your new website. The first section is called Software Setup and it is regarding the actual configuration of your store.
- Choose Protocol -You need to choose the protocol for your website. NOTE: Do not choose the https protocol if you do not have an SSL certificate installed or the free SSL enabled on your domain name.
- Choose Domain - The domain that you will be using on your Concrete5 installation. If you have any addon or subdomains on your account, you will have the option to choose any of them here. If not, only the primary domain name will be available for selection.
- In Directory - This will configure your website in a subfolder on your account or the root of your domain, selected above. If you want Concrete5 installation into the main directory for your domain, leave this field blank.
- Database Name -Choose the name of the database to be used on your Concrete5 installation.
- Site Settings - Enter a name of your website and check the Sample Data box to install demo content on your new website.
- Admin Account - This area will set the root access for the administrative area of your website. From there, you can easily manage your website and configure it per your needs.
- Choose Language - Choose the language for the new installation of Concrete5.
When you enter the details for the new Concrete5 website on your account, simply click on the Install button below to proceed with the process. The system will complete it for you, using the details specified above.
Congratulations! Concrete5 is now successfully installed on your account. You will be presented with the frontend/backend links to your website. It is recommended to keep a note of those details as you will need them to manage your new website.
How to install Concrete5 manually
We will review the steps for a manual installation of Concrete5 on your account. The different steps of the process are quite straight forward and we will review them all so you can get a better understanding on how to install the script.
To install Concrete5 manually, follow these steps:
Download Concrete5 and Prepare the Files
The first step is to download the latest stable release of Concrete5. You can complete that via the official Concrete5 website. The link will lead to the download page of the product and you can simply click on the Download button for the latest release. This will guarantee that you stay up-to-date with the latest Concrete5 improvements.
Now, you can easily proceed further with the upload of the Concrete5 files to your account on the server. If you wish to install the script and access it directly using your domain name, you can simply upload the files to the public_html/ directory of your account. However, if you wish to install Concrete5 in a subfolder, you will first have to create it in the public_html/ directory and then upload your Concrete5 files to it.
Then, it is important to perform an upload check and see if all of the files are present on your account and within the exact location, where you would like to install it.
Configure and Complete the Installation
The first step of the process is to choose the language for the installation process. Select the one that you wish to use and click on Choose Language to proceed further.
Next, the system will test if the hosting environment is optimized for a Concrete5 installation. Our servers meet all of the requirements for the application so you can simply click on the Continue to Installation button to proceed.
The next step will request more information on the new website and how it should be configured. The fields that you need to edit are:
- Site Information - Enter the name of your new website.
- Administrator Information - Enter the email address and the password for the administrative user on your new website. It will be used for the management of your new Concrete5 installation so keep them carefully.
- Database Information - Enter the hostname of the server (usually "localhost" if your database is stored on the same server as your Concrete5 installation). the new database to be used, the user assigned to it and the password.
You can create a new database and a user assigned to it via cPanel. Simply follow our MySQL Wizard tutorial for information on that.
- Sample Content - Choose if you wish to have sample data on your website or an empty installation. As the message says, if you are a beginner to the use of Concrete5, it is best to choose the Sample Data option.
Once ready, click on the Install Concrete5 button to proceed. The system will automatically initiate the actual installation on the server and display a progress bar for this process.
Congratulations! The installation process is now completed and you will be presented with a message notifying you about that.
Click on the Continue to your site button to access your new Concrete5 website.